River Birch offers a dazzling and detailed birch pattern both rustic and elegant in the form of luxury vinyl flooring . This pet friendly flooring is extremely durable. The rigid waterproof core features special top/bottom layers for stability. It is made from a high-density composition for extra rigidity. This series is recommended for both commercial and residential use. Our Pet Friendly Flooring can be installed in high-moisture and high-traffic areas.
Enter your room dimensions to calculate your square footage. We recommend that you add an additional 7% (add wiggle room checkbox) to allow for the necessary cuts during installation.
Enter in your square footage to see how many cartons you will need
Step by Step Instructions
- Start in the corner. Turn the tongue side of the plank to the wall. Maintain a gap of 3/8” on the short side.
- Hold the next plank at an angle against the first one and lay it flat on the floor. Complete first row in the same way. Cut final plank of the first row to correct length. Start next row with the piece leftover [must be at least (12’’) long]. Ensure that end joints are staggered at least 12″
- Place first plank of the new row with the tongue side at an angle against the groove side of the plank in the previous row. Press forward and lay it flat at the same time.
- Place short end of the plank at an angle against the previous installed plank and fold down. Ensure that the plank is positioned on the integral locking strip of the plank in the previous row.
- Lift planks (together with the previous laid in the same row) lightly up [about 1-1/8’’], push it against the row in front and then put it down. Adjust the distance to the wall to 3/8’’when three rows are completed.
- Proceed installation as described above until reaching the opposite wall.