LVP Cork-Vi-Plank Flooring
This Pet Friendly Flooring luxury vinyl collection is scratch and dent proof, and is made of the highest quality materials. It features an additional middle layer of cork, which provides extra cushion, warmth and noise reduction. It's moisture resistant core provides you with ease of mind and a comfortable life. The interlocking joints connect each plank in a virtually seamless manner, which prevents moisture from seeping between planks making it virtually waterproof. Samples can be purchased individually and include free shipping for orders in the US.
- Scratch Proof Surface
- Moisture Resistant Core
- High Traffic Areas
- Residential & Commercial Use
- Cork Midlayer
- Attached Cork Underlayment
- Easy Care and Maintenance
- Plank Size: 1/2" nominal (13/32") x 5-1/2" x 48"
- Easy DIY Installation
- $4.35 per SQFT
- 14.7 SQFT Per Carton
Plank Dimensions: 1/2" nominal (13/32") x 5-1/2" x 48" Sq. Ft. Per Carton:14.7
Installation: Floating, Direct Glue
Edge Profile: Enhanced Bevel
Core: Solid Polymer Core
Underlayment: Attached Cork
Installation Level: Above, On, Below
Residential Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Structure Warranty: Limited 15 Year Heavy Commercial
Water Resistant Warranty:Limited 15 Year Heavy Commercial
Petproof Warranty:Limited 15 Year Heavy Commercial
Commercial Warranty: Limited 15 Year Heavy Commercial
Care And Maintenance
Before Use Say hello to your beautiful new pet friendly floor! Before moving your furniture or other items back to the floor, make sure you sweep, vacuum*, or dust mop followed by mopping with a slightly damp mop.
Cleaning As advertised, our Best Floor For Dogs luxury vinyl products are easy to clean and maintain. Simply sweep or dust mop to pick up dirt or dust and finish with a slightly damp mop.
Maintenance Advisory Treated dust mops may leave a residue. Steam mops will damage flooring. *Vacuums with rotating beater bars will also damage flooring. Mop and shine products will also leave residue and possibly damage flooring.
Installing a Cork Vi-Plank floating floor
A floating floor is not attached to the substrate. The planks click together, and the floor is held down by its own weight. No glue is required for the installation of Cork Vi-Plank floating floors. The planks click and lock together by inserting the tongue into the groove. Cork Vi-Plank floating floor planks may be installed over concrete, plywood, any hard surface wood flooring, ceramic tiles or vinyl tiles, that are above, on, or below grade. They may also be installed over in-floor radiant heating systems.
Installation on concrete substrate
Concrete substrates must be sound, smooth and level within 1/8″ in 10′, and dry. If you suspect a moisture problem do not proceed with the installation until you have located the source and remedied the situation. Always cover the concrete floor with 6 mil. polyethylene sheets, overlapping the seams by 8″, and tape the sheets together. The floor will be installed over this moisture barrier.
Installation on underlayment grade plywood and man-made board substrates
The sub floor must be clean and level and dry. Check basements and underfloor crawl spaces to be sure they are also dry and well ventilated to avoid moisture damage occurring after installation. In buildings with crawl spaces, install a ground cover of 6 mil polyethylene over the earth.
Installation over in-floor radiant heating systems
A radiant heat source directly beneath the flooring may cause the flooring to gain moisture or dry out faster than a conventional heating system would. Cork Vi-Plank floors tend to move as a unit to accommodate moisture changes. Install a 6 mil. polyethylene vapor barrier over slab radiant heat systems, and tape all seams to be sure the barrier is tight. When the slab has cured, turn the heat on, regardless of season, and leave it on for at least 5-6 days before installation. Keep the system on during installation. The maximum surface temperature should not exceed 85° F.
If you are planning to install Cork Vi-Plank in a lived in home that has no storage facilities for furniture, take advantage of our Remodeling Solution.
Move the furniture against the long wall of the room and start installing the flooring at the opposite wall, parallel to the wall. After sufficient area has been installed, you can move the furniture immediately on top of it, and complete the installation by continuing where you stopped. Cork V-i Plank makes this process possible by not inflicting conventional waiting periods for adhesives to cure or finishes to dry.
Step by Step Instructions
- Start in the corner. Turn the tongue side of the plank to the wall. Maintain a gap of 3/8” on the short side.
- Hold the next plank at an angle against the first one and lay it flat on the floor. Complete first row in the same way. Cut final plank of the first row to correct length. Start next row with the piece leftover [must be at least (12’’) long]. Ensure that end joints are staggered at least 12″
- Place first plank of the new row with the tongue side at an angle against the groove side of the plank in the previous row. Press forward and lay it flat at the same time.
- Place short end of the plank at an angle against the previous installed plank and fold down. Ensure that the plank is positioned on the integral locking strip of the plank in the previous row.
- Lift planks (together with the previous laid in the same row) lightly up [about 1-1/8’’], push it against the row in front and then put it down. Adjust the distance to the wall to 3/8’’when three rows are completed.
- Proceed installation as described above until reaching the opposite wall.